NEW YORK - Netflix is going to start running original television series from Dreamworks Animation.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
Netflix Inc. says the multi-year agreement is its biggest deal ever for original first-run content and includes more than 300 hours of new programming. It expands on an existing relationship between the companies.
The transaction is part of a major initiative by DreamWorks Animation to expand its television production and distribution worldwide.
The new shows will be inspired by characters from DreamWorks' hit franchises like "Shrek" and "Kung Fu Panda" and upcoming feature films as well as the Classic Media library.
The first series expected to begin airing in 2014 and will be shown in the 40 countries in which Netflix operates.
In February the companies announced their first ever Netflix original series for kids based on the film "Turbo."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?