NEW YORK - Netflix is going to start running original television series from Dreamworks Animation.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
Netflix Inc. says the multi-year agreement is its biggest deal ever for original first-run content and includes more than 300 hours of new programming. It expands on an existing relationship between the companies.
The transaction is part of a major initiative by DreamWorks Animation to expand its television production and distribution worldwide.
The new shows will be inspired by characters from DreamWorks' hit franchises like "Shrek" and "Kung Fu Panda" and upcoming feature films as well as the Classic Media library.
The first series expected to begin airing in 2014 and will be shown in the 40 countries in which Netflix operates.
In February the companies announced their first ever Netflix original series for kids based on the film "Turbo."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod