By Natalie O'Neill
Sales are soaring!
The newest Superman movie, "Man of Steel," raked in more than $42 million at the box office in just two days and is well on its way to becoming one of the summer's biggest blockbusters, film industry experts say.
The action film, starring Henry Cavill, earned $21 million on its opening night, according to the film industry Web site Deadline Hollywood.
That far surpasses "Iron Man 3" opening night earnings of $15.6 million last month.
The comic book-inspired flick is expected to bring in $90 million to $100 million by the end of the weekend.
Originally published by Natalie O'Neill.
(c) 2013 The New York Post. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday