By Natalie O'Neill
Sales are soaring!
The newest Superman movie, "Man of Steel," raked in more than $42 million at the box office in just two days and is well on its way to becoming one of the summer's biggest blockbusters, film industry experts say.
The action film, starring Henry Cavill, earned $21 million on its opening night, according to the film industry Web site Deadline Hollywood.
That far surpasses "Iron Man 3" opening night earnings of $15.6 million last month.
The comic book-inspired flick is expected to bring in $90 million to $100 million by the end of the weekend.
Originally published by Natalie O'Neill.
(c) 2013 The New York Post. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.