HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/17/13 -- The facts: 13 cities. 18 Days. 11,000 kilometres. 250,000 pounds of food. One epic road trip starting in Newfoundland and ending in British Columbia.
Five Hole for Food founder, Richard Loat and his friends are setting off on a coast-to-coast tour for the fourth year, stopping in 13 cities along the way, and playing ball hockey to feed hungry Canadians. This year's goal is to collect the equivalent of 250,000 pounds of food across the country for local community food banks.
Halifax is the second stop of the road trip. The public is invited to bring their hockey stick to play in a drop-in ball hockey game and, if they dare, challenge Richard and his crew in the face-off circle. While there is no charge to play, participants and spectators are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item or cash donation. Volunteers from the local food bank will be on site to collected donations.
WHO: Five Hole for Food
WHAT: Charity ball hockey game to collect donations for local food banks
WHEN: Friday, July 5, 3-7 p.m.
WHERE: Halifax Commons Oval
WHY: Proceeds will benefit Feed Nova Scotia
For more information, visit http://www.FiveHoleforFood.com.
Note: Richard will be in Halifax the morning of July 5 and is available for interviews to provide a preview of the event.
Media inquiries, please contact:
FHFF media relations
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.