The Women's Business Border Center will host the 9th Annual Dancing Backwards in High Heels Women's Symposium on June 27.
The joint project is funded by the U.S Small Business Administration and the El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and provides one-on-one counseling to anyone looking to start a business.
The symposium will feature 20 speakers from various fields, including media and politics. There will be networking opportunities and practical information for women in business through a variety of workshops to the estimated 200 attendants.
"We want to empower young entreprenuers to achieve their dreams, and help women succeed," said Perla Borrego, business development specialist at the WBBC.
The event will be open to men and women from El Paso.
"It is open to all the public. We have multiple men attend, who want to listen to the prominent women who come from all over the country," said Borrego.
The keynote speaker for this year's Symposium is Brig. Gen. Gwen Bingham, Commanding General at the U.S .Army White Sands Missile Range.
The symposium will be from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., June 27, at the Wyndham El Paso Airport.
All-day passes cost $65.
Information: 566-4066; ephcc.org
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill