The Women's Business Border Center will host the 9th Annual Dancing Backwards in High Heels Women's Symposium on June 27.
The joint project is funded by the U.S Small Business Administration and the El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and provides one-on-one counseling to anyone looking to start a business.
The symposium will feature 20 speakers from various fields, including media and politics. There will be networking opportunities and practical information for women in business through a variety of workshops to the estimated 200 attendants.
"We want to empower young entreprenuers to achieve their dreams, and help women succeed," said Perla Borrego, business development specialist at the WBBC.
The event will be open to men and women from El Paso.
"It is open to all the public. We have multiple men attend, who want to listen to the prominent women who come from all over the country," said Borrego.
The keynote speaker for this year's Symposium is Brig. Gen. Gwen Bingham, Commanding General at the U.S .Army White Sands Missile Range.
The symposium will be from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., June 27, at the Wyndham El Paso Airport.
All-day passes cost $65.
Information: 566-4066; ephcc.org
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers