The Women's Business Border Center will host the 9th Annual Dancing Backwards in High Heels Women's Symposium on June 27.
The joint project is funded by the U.S Small Business Administration and the El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and provides one-on-one counseling to anyone looking to start a business.
The symposium will feature 20 speakers from various fields, including media and politics. There will be networking opportunities and practical information for women in business through a variety of workshops to the estimated 200 attendants.
"We want to empower young entreprenuers to achieve their dreams, and help women succeed," said Perla Borrego, business development specialist at the WBBC.
The event will be open to men and women from El Paso.
"It is open to all the public. We have multiple men attend, who want to listen to the prominent women who come from all over the country," said Borrego.
The keynote speaker for this year's Symposium is Brig. Gen. Gwen Bingham, Commanding General at the U.S .Army White Sands Missile Range.
The symposium will be from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., June 27, at the Wyndham El Paso Airport.
All-day passes cost $65.
Information: 566-4066; ephcc.org
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say