The price for a barrel of crude oil moved higher Monday morning, closing in on
$99 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil in New York added 79 cents to $98.46 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline added 0.4 cents to $2.9007 a gallon.
Home heating oil gained 0.44 cents to $2.9666 a gallon.
Natural gas gained 7.5 cents to $3.808 per million British thermal units.
Energy prices are higher after the U.S. decision to supply arms Syria's rebels, which some observers see as a potential threat to supply lines.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.611, down from Sunday's $3.614, AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry