The price for a barrel of crude oil moved higher Monday morning, closing in on
$99 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil in New York added 79 cents to $98.46 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline added 0.4 cents to $2.9007 a gallon.
Home heating oil gained 0.44 cents to $2.9666 a gallon.
Natural gas gained 7.5 cents to $3.808 per million British thermal units.
Energy prices are higher after the U.S. decision to supply arms Syria's rebels, which some observers see as a potential threat to supply lines.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.611, down from Sunday's $3.614, AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response