The price for a barrel of crude oil moved higher Monday morning, closing in on
$99 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil in New York added 79 cents to $98.46 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline added 0.4 cents to $2.9007 a gallon.
Home heating oil gained 0.44 cents to $2.9666 a gallon.
Natural gas gained 7.5 cents to $3.808 per million British thermal units.
Energy prices are higher after the U.S. decision to supply arms Syria's rebels, which some observers see as a potential threat to supply lines.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.611, down from Sunday's $3.614, AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Easter morning delivery for space station