The price for a barrel of crude oil moved higher Monday morning, closing in on
$99 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil in New York added 79 cents to $98.46 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline added 0.4 cents to $2.9007 a gallon.
Home heating oil gained 0.44 cents to $2.9666 a gallon.
Natural gas gained 7.5 cents to $3.808 per million British thermal units.
Energy prices are higher after the U.S. decision to supply arms Syria's rebels, which some observers see as a potential threat to supply lines.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.611, down from Sunday's $3.614, AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE