The price for a barrel of crude oil moved higher Monday morning, closing in on
$99 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil in New York added 79 cents to $98.46 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline added 0.4 cents to $2.9007 a gallon.
Home heating oil gained 0.44 cents to $2.9666 a gallon.
Natural gas gained 7.5 cents to $3.808 per million British thermal units.
Energy prices are higher after the U.S. decision to supply arms Syria's rebels, which some observers see as a potential threat to supply lines.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.611, down from Sunday's $3.614, AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million