Tish Cyrus has filed for divorce from her country singer husband Billy Ray
Cyrus, documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court show.
The couple married in December 1993 and have five children, including 20-year-old singer-actress Miley Cyrus.
People.com said Billy Ray previously filed divorce papers three years ago, then withdrew them saying he wanted to keep his family together; however, Tish moved to officially end their marriage Thursday.
"This is a personal matter and we are working to find a resolution that is in the best interest of our family. We ask that you respect our privacy at this time," she told People.com in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say