Tish Cyrus has filed for divorce from her country singer husband Billy Ray
Cyrus, documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court show.
The couple married in December 1993 and have five children, including 20-year-old singer-actress Miley Cyrus.
People.com said Billy Ray previously filed divorce papers three years ago, then withdrew them saying he wanted to keep his family together; however, Tish moved to officially end their marriage Thursday.
"This is a personal matter and we are working to find a resolution that is in the best interest of our family. We ask that you respect our privacy at this time," she told People.com in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel