Tish Cyrus has filed for divorce from her country singer husband Billy Ray
Cyrus, documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court show.
The couple married in December 1993 and have five children, including 20-year-old singer-actress Miley Cyrus.
People.com said Billy Ray previously filed divorce papers three years ago, then withdrew them saying he wanted to keep his family together; however, Tish moved to officially end their marriage Thursday.
"This is a personal matter and we are working to find a resolution that is in the best interest of our family. We ask that you respect our privacy at this time," she told People.com in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Existing Home Sales Drop for 3rd Month
- Demi Lovato Leaving 'X Factor' to Return to Music