Tish Cyrus has filed for divorce from her country singer husband Billy Ray
Cyrus, documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court show.
The couple married in December 1993 and have five children, including 20-year-old singer-actress Miley Cyrus.
People.com said Billy Ray previously filed divorce papers three years ago, then withdrew them saying he wanted to keep his family together; however, Tish moved to officially end their marriage Thursday.
"This is a personal matter and we are working to find a resolution that is in the best interest of our family. We ask that you respect our privacy at this time," she told People.com in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'