Tish Cyrus has filed for divorce from her country singer husband Billy Ray
Cyrus, documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court show.
The couple married in December 1993 and have five children, including 20-year-old singer-actress Miley Cyrus.
People.com said Billy Ray previously filed divorce papers three years ago, then withdrew them saying he wanted to keep his family together; however, Tish moved to officially end their marriage Thursday.
"This is a personal matter and we are working to find a resolution that is in the best interest of our family. We ask that you respect our privacy at this time," she told People.com in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free