Jamie-Lynn Sigler is one brave woman. She has no problems wearing a
bikini while pregnant and being photographed in it -- and actually prefers to be
with child if she is going to be captured wearing said swimsuit.
"I would probably not be caught in a bikini otherwise, but when you're pregnant, it is what it is!" the actress told People at her baby shower Wednesday. "However your body's carrying is how your body's carrying."
A tiny human being, baby weight, last night's dinner, a lifetime's worth of dessert? No problem! We suspect it has something to do with not carrying a ton of excess weight before becoming pregnant ...
The "Guys With Kids" alum's baby boy with minor league baseball player Cutter Dykstra, 23, is due in August. Her baby shower, held at at Sugar and Plumm on Manhattan's Upper West Side, benefited the children's charity Baby Buggy.
As for preparing for the birth, the 32-year-old says she's got good friends coaching her, including TV actress JoAnna Garcia, who welcomed her own baby girl last May with baseball player Nick Swisher.
"My best girlfriend JoAnna just had her baby a couple weeks ago and she talked me through her entire [birth] so I know everything that happened -- the good, the bad, the ugly, and so I've got all the pointers," Sigler said. "She'll probably be there when I give birth, so it's been nice to have her go through it and get to experience it with her."
The "I Do" announced she was expecting in February. The baby news came only 16 days after Dykstra asked Sigler to marry him.
This will be the first child for the couple.
Follow Ministry of Gossip @LATcelebs.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks