Jamie-Lynn Sigler is one brave woman. She has no problems wearing a
bikini while pregnant and being photographed in it -- and actually prefers to be
with child if she is going to be captured wearing said swimsuit.
"I would probably not be caught in a bikini otherwise, but when you're pregnant, it is what it is!" the actress told People at her baby shower Wednesday. "However your body's carrying is how your body's carrying."
A tiny human being, baby weight, last night's dinner, a lifetime's worth of dessert? No problem! We suspect it has something to do with not carrying a ton of excess weight before becoming pregnant ...
The "Guys With Kids" alum's baby boy with minor league baseball player Cutter Dykstra, 23, is due in August. Her baby shower, held at at Sugar and Plumm on Manhattan's Upper West Side, benefited the children's charity Baby Buggy.
As for preparing for the birth, the 32-year-old says she's got good friends coaching her, including TV actress JoAnna Garcia, who welcomed her own baby girl last May with baseball player Nick Swisher.
"My best girlfriend JoAnna just had her baby a couple weeks ago and she talked me through her entire [birth] so I know everything that happened -- the good, the bad, the ugly, and so I've got all the pointers," Sigler said. "She'll probably be there when I give birth, so it's been nice to have her go through it and get to experience it with her."
The "I Do" announced she was expecting in February. The baby news came only 16 days after Dykstra asked Sigler to marry him.
This will be the first child for the couple.
Follow Ministry of Gossip @LATcelebs.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight