Military aid to either of the warring sides in
Syria would hamper the search for a political solution to the
conflict, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said on Friday after the
United States said it would arm the rebels.
"The UN and myself have made it consistently clear that providing arms to either side will not address the situation in Syria," Ban told reporters.
He called any such military aid "not helpful."
Ban said the United States has informed him that it had evidence that the Syrian government had used chemical weapons.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday