Military aid to either of the warring sides in
Syria would hamper the search for a political solution to the
conflict, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said on Friday after the
United States said it would arm the rebels.
"The UN and myself have made it consistently clear that providing arms to either side will not address the situation in Syria," Ban told reporters.
He called any such military aid "not helpful."
Ban said the United States has informed him that it had evidence that the Syrian government had used chemical weapons.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day