Military aid to either of the warring sides in
Syria would hamper the search for a political solution to the
conflict, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said on Friday after the
United States said it would arm the rebels.
"The UN and myself have made it consistently clear that providing arms to either side will not address the situation in Syria," Ban told reporters.
He called any such military aid "not helpful."
Ban said the United States has informed him that it had evidence that the Syrian government had used chemical weapons.
Most Popular Stories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- 'Planet of the Apes' Still Rules the Box Office
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- Judge OKs Warrant for Google User's Mails
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- Perry Deploying 1,000 Troops to Texas Border