Military aid to either of the warring sides in
Syria would hamper the search for a political solution to the
conflict, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said on Friday after the
United States said it would arm the rebels.
"The UN and myself have made it consistently clear that providing arms to either side will not address the situation in Syria," Ban told reporters.
He called any such military aid "not helpful."
Ban said the United States has informed him that it had evidence that the Syrian government had used chemical weapons.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- U.K. Girds for Nationwide Strike
- Warren G. Harding's Spicy Love Letters to Be Released
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device