OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/14/13 -- NAV CANADA announced today its traffic figures for the month of May 2013 as measured in weighted charging units for en-route, terminal and oceanic air navigation services, in comparison to the prior fiscal year.
Air traffic in May 2013 increased by an average of 2.2 per cent compared to the same month in 2012.
Fiscal 2013 year-to-date traffic was 1.6 per cent lower than in the prior fiscal year. Excluding the effect for leap year in 2012, year to date traffic was 1.2 per cent lower than last year. NAV CANADA's fiscal year runs from September 1 to August 31.
Weighted charging units represent a traffic measure that reflects the number of flights, aircraft size and distance flown in Canadian airspace.
The information contained in this news release is also available in graph form.
NAV CANADA is the country's private sector civil air navigation services provider. With operations from coast to coast to coast, NAV CANADA provides air traffic control, flight information, weather briefings, aeronautical information services, airport advisory services and electronic aids to navigation.
Director, Government and Public Affairs
Manager, Public Affairs
Media Information Line
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook