Microsoft Office Mobile for iPhone now is available for Office 365 subscribers,
the Redmond, Wash., software and operating system giant announced Friday.
The application is available free from the Apple App Store for Office 365 Home Premium and Office 365 ProPlus subscribers, Microsoft said in a release.
"After signing in to an Office 365 account, you can access, view and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents from anywhere," the company said. "And, you can count on Office Mobile to keep all your content and formatting intact so the document still looks great when you're back on your PC or Mac."
Users can edit existing documents begun elsewhere from Word, Excel and PowerPoint using the app, making it easier to include last-minute changes and suggestions into shared meeting materials, a reviewer in The Washington Post said. Users can also create new Word and Excel files from their phones.
But there is a drawback, the Post said.
Besides being available only to Microsoft's 365 Office subscribers, the app isn't meant for the larger iPad and only works with the three core programs of Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- U.S. Consumer Spending Rose 0.4 Percent in June
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars