The time for voting at the presidential elections in
Iran was extended by two hours (22:00 local time), said in country's Interior
Ministry statement, Trend special correspondent reported from Tehran reported.
Earlier the time for voting was extended by two hours, then by one hour more (21:00 local time), Fars news agency reported.
Najjar said that the reason for time extension is the willingness of people to massively participate in the voting process.
He added that there are 128 polling stations in 96 countries, where Iranians are able to vote.
The 11th presidential elections have officially started today in Iran.
There are six candidates participating in the current presidential elections: Secretary of Expediency Council Mohsen Rezaei, Supreme National Security Council Secretary Saeed Jalili, former Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Velayati, Tehran Mayor Mohammad-Baqer Qalibaf, President of the Strategic Research Center of the Expediency Council Hassan Rohani, and former Telecommunications Minister Mohammad Gharazi.
Nearly 50.5 million Iranians are eligible to vote in the upcoming presidential poll. Iranians living in other countries are able to vote through the embassies of Iran in those countries.
The primary results of the June 14 presidential election will be announced by the Iranian Interior Ministry, and would be then approved by the Guardian Council.
Previously, Najjar revealed that there were several minor violations registered at the polling stations, however the overall voting process is going on fine.
Tags: presidential elections in Iran
(c)2013 Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan)
Visit Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan) at en.trend.az
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.