TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/14/13 -- In the aftermath of the June 13 Spirit of Hope Benefit to promote tolerance and understanding, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC) is sickened and appalled to learn of a vicious antisemitic incident targeting a Jewish family in Toronto.
"As FSWC was celebrating our efforts to teach the importance of inclusion and respect for diversity, a Jewish family in Toronto had their home vandalized with swastikas and threats made against their children because of their religion," said FSWC President and CEO Avi Benlolo. "That an individual or group of individuals feel bold enough to invade someone's home and attack them because they are Jewish is a very dangerous turn of events in this city, and I certainly hope our politicians are paying very close attention."
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center is in conversation with both the police and the family, and will work with them to ensure they remain safe from incidents of this nature in the future.
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies
416.864.9735 x 32 (office) or 416.524.3287 (cell)
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant