TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/14/13 -- In the aftermath of the June 13 Spirit of Hope Benefit to promote tolerance and understanding, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC) is sickened and appalled to learn of a vicious antisemitic incident targeting a Jewish family in Toronto.
"As FSWC was celebrating our efforts to teach the importance of inclusion and respect for diversity, a Jewish family in Toronto had their home vandalized with swastikas and threats made against their children because of their religion," said FSWC President and CEO Avi Benlolo. "That an individual or group of individuals feel bold enough to invade someone's home and attack them because they are Jewish is a very dangerous turn of events in this city, and I certainly hope our politicians are paying very close attention."
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center is in conversation with both the police and the family, and will work with them to ensure they remain safe from incidents of this nature in the future.
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies
416.864.9735 x 32 (office) or 416.524.3287 (cell)
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes