TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/14/13 -- In the aftermath of the June 13 Spirit of Hope Benefit to promote tolerance and understanding, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC) is sickened and appalled to learn of a vicious antisemitic incident targeting a Jewish family in Toronto.
"As FSWC was celebrating our efforts to teach the importance of inclusion and respect for diversity, a Jewish family in Toronto had their home vandalized with swastikas and threats made against their children because of their religion," said FSWC President and CEO Avi Benlolo. "That an individual or group of individuals feel bold enough to invade someone's home and attack them because they are Jewish is a very dangerous turn of events in this city, and I certainly hope our politicians are paying very close attention."
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center is in conversation with both the police and the family, and will work with them to ensure they remain safe from incidents of this nature in the future.
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies
416.864.9735 x 32 (office) or 416.524.3287 (cell)
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals