OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/14/13 -- Editors Note: There is a photo associated with this press release.
Carleton University has awarded the degree of Doctor of Fine Arts to acclaimed Canadian author and one-time nuclear physicist Moyez G. Vassanji. A Giller Prize winner, Vassanji is the author of seven novels, two collections of short stories, a travel memoir about India, and a biography of Mordecai Richler. His work has been published in various countries and several languages. The award capped off four days of Convocation ceremonies at Carleton, where an unprecedented six graduating students receiving Governor General's Medals achieved perfect GPAs.
To view the photo associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20130614-MGVassanji800.jpg.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South