Texas Gov. Rick Perry is taking his job-
hunting show to the Big Apple.
The Republican on Sunday kicks off a four-day trip to New York and Connecticut, his latest effort to lure businesses to Texas.
Such trips have set off a national debate: Is it job poaching or simply cutting-edge competition?
So far, Perry has only targeted states headed by Democratic governors, and several have scoffed at his efforts.
His latest mission will be preceded by a $1 million TV ad buy. It touts the Lone Star State under a new campaign called "Texas is calling, your opportunity awaits."
The new business hunt will take aim particularly at pharmaceutical and financial companies as well as firearm manufacturers.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted