Texas Gov. Rick Perry is taking his job-
hunting show to the Big Apple.
The Republican on Sunday kicks off a four-day trip to New York and Connecticut, his latest effort to lure businesses to Texas.
Such trips have set off a national debate: Is it job poaching or simply cutting-edge competition?
So far, Perry has only targeted states headed by Democratic governors, and several have scoffed at his efforts.
His latest mission will be preceded by a $1 million TV ad buy. It touts the Lone Star State under a new campaign called "Texas is calling, your opportunity awaits."
The new business hunt will take aim particularly at pharmaceutical and financial companies as well as firearm manufacturers.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays