Texas Gov. Rick Perry is taking his job-
hunting show to the Big Apple.
The Republican on Sunday kicks off a four-day trip to New York and Connecticut, his latest effort to lure businesses to Texas.
Such trips have set off a national debate: Is it job poaching or simply cutting-edge competition?
So far, Perry has only targeted states headed by Democratic governors, and several have scoffed at his efforts.
His latest mission will be preceded by a $1 million TV ad buy. It touts the Lone Star State under a new campaign called "Texas is calling, your opportunity awaits."
The new business hunt will take aim particularly at pharmaceutical and financial companies as well as firearm manufacturers.
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Sbarro Files for Bankruptcy Again