Texas Gov. Rick Perry is taking his job-
hunting show to the Big Apple.
The Republican on Sunday kicks off a four-day trip to New York and Connecticut, his latest effort to lure businesses to Texas.
Such trips have set off a national debate: Is it job poaching or simply cutting-edge competition?
So far, Perry has only targeted states headed by Democratic governors, and several have scoffed at his efforts.
His latest mission will be preceded by a $1 million TV ad buy. It touts the Lone Star State under a new campaign called "Texas is calling, your opportunity awaits."
The new business hunt will take aim particularly at pharmaceutical and financial companies as well as firearm manufacturers.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters