Texas Gov. Rick Perry is taking his job-
hunting show to the Big Apple.
The Republican on Sunday kicks off a four-day trip to New York and Connecticut, his latest effort to lure businesses to Texas.
Such trips have set off a national debate: Is it job poaching or simply cutting-edge competition?
So far, Perry has only targeted states headed by Democratic governors, and several have scoffed at his efforts.
His latest mission will be preceded by a $1 million TV ad buy. It touts the Lone Star State under a new campaign called "Texas is calling, your opportunity awaits."
The new business hunt will take aim particularly at pharmaceutical and financial companies as well as firearm manufacturers.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court