Texas Gov. Rick Perry is taking his job-
hunting show to the Big Apple.
The Republican on Sunday kicks off a four-day trip to New York and Connecticut, his latest effort to lure businesses to Texas.
Such trips have set off a national debate: Is it job poaching or simply cutting-edge competition?
So far, Perry has only targeted states headed by Democratic governors, and several have scoffed at his efforts.
His latest mission will be preceded by a $1 million TV ad buy. It touts the Lone Star State under a new campaign called "Texas is calling, your opportunity awaits."
The new business hunt will take aim particularly at pharmaceutical and financial companies as well as firearm manufacturers.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers