Texas Gov. Rick Perry is taking his job-
hunting show to the Big Apple.
The Republican on Sunday kicks off a four-day trip to New York and Connecticut, his latest effort to lure businesses to Texas.
Such trips have set off a national debate: Is it job poaching or simply cutting-edge competition?
So far, Perry has only targeted states headed by Democratic governors, and several have scoffed at his efforts.
His latest mission will be preceded by a $1 million TV ad buy. It touts the Lone Star State under a new campaign called "Texas is calling, your opportunity awaits."
The new business hunt will take aim particularly at pharmaceutical and financial companies as well as firearm manufacturers.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls