Texas Gov. Rick Perry is taking his job-
hunting show to the Big Apple.
The Republican on Sunday kicks off a four-day trip to New York and Connecticut, his latest effort to lure businesses to Texas.
Such trips have set off a national debate: Is it job poaching or simply cutting-edge competition?
So far, Perry has only targeted states headed by Democratic governors, and several have scoffed at his efforts.
His latest mission will be preceded by a $1 million TV ad buy. It touts the Lone Star State under a new campaign called "Texas is calling, your opportunity awaits."
The new business hunt will take aim particularly at pharmaceutical and financial companies as well as firearm manufacturers.
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June