Texas Gov. Rick Perry is taking his job-
hunting show to the Big Apple.
The Republican on Sunday kicks off a four-day trip to New York and Connecticut, his latest effort to lure businesses to Texas.
Such trips have set off a national debate: Is it job poaching or simply cutting-edge competition?
So far, Perry has only targeted states headed by Democratic governors, and several have scoffed at his efforts.
His latest mission will be preceded by a $1 million TV ad buy. It touts the Lone Star State under a new campaign called "Texas is calling, your opportunity awaits."
The new business hunt will take aim particularly at pharmaceutical and financial companies as well as firearm manufacturers.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'