CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/13/13 -- Pengrowth Energy Corporation (TSX: PGF) (NYSE: PGH) today announced that its July 15, 2013 cash dividend will be Cdn $0.04 per common share. The ex-dividend date is June 20, 2013. The dividend will be payable to all shareholders who hold Pengrowth shares at the close of business on the record date of June 24, 2013.
The dividend of Cdn $0.04 per common share is equivalent to approximately U.S. $0.039 per common share using a Canadian/U.S. dollar exchange rate of Cdn$1.00:U.S. $0.979. The actual U.S. dollar equivalent of the dividend will be based upon the actual Canadian/U.S. dollar exchange rate in effect on the payment date, net of applicable Canadian withholding taxes for U.S. residents who hold their Pengrowth shares in taxable accounts.
The above dividend has been designated as an "eligible dividend" for Canadian income tax purposes. Pengrowth's dividends are also considered "qualified dividends" for U.S. income tax purposes.
Pengrowth offers a Dividend Reinvestment Program (DRIP) that provides eligible shareholders in Canada and the United States, with the opportunity to reinvest their dividends in new shares at a five percent discount to the average trading price (as calculated pursuant to the DRIP plan). Additional information on the DRIP is available at http://www.pengrowth.com/investors/dividends/drip/.
Notice of Annual General Meeting:
Pengrowth's 2013 annual meeting of shareholders will be held on June 25, 2013 at 3:00 P.M. Mountain Time at the Metropolitan Conference Centre, located at 333 - Fourth Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta. Information circulars and proxy forms pertaining to this meeting have been mailed to shareholders of record as of May 24, 2013.
Pengrowth Energy Corporation is a dividend-paying, intermediate Canadian producer of oil and natural gas, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Pengrowth's assets include the Swan Hills light oil, Cardium light oil and Lindbergh thermal bitumen projects. Pengrowth's shares trade on both the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "PGF" and on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "PGH".
PENGROWTH ENERGY CORPORATION
Derek Evans, President and Chief Executive Officer
(403) 233-0224 or Toll Free: 1-888-744-1111
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan