The Mexican-American boy clogging everyone's social media accounts as of late is Sebastien de la Cruz.
The little Latino first melted hearts on NBC's popular talent show, "America's Got Talent." Then the 11-year-old sang the national anthem before game three of the NBA finals between the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat.
De la Cruz is a San Antonio native, who apparently was filling in because Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish was scratched at the last minute.
Unfortunately, his performance also was met with racist comments and jokes via Twitter and now the young boy is in the middle of an ethnic debate.
Watch the performance below, and weigh in -- can't any American of any heritage sing the national anthem?
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap