The Mexican-American boy clogging everyone's social media accounts as of late is Sebastien de la Cruz.
The little Latino first melted hearts on NBC's popular talent show, "America's Got Talent." Then the 11-year-old sang the national anthem before game three of the NBA finals between the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat.
De la Cruz is a San Antonio native, who apparently was filling in because Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish was scratched at the last minute.
Unfortunately, his performance also was met with racist comments and jokes via Twitter and now the young boy is in the middle of an ethnic debate.
Watch the performance below, and weigh in -- can't any American of any heritage sing the national anthem?
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- Baucus May Be Next China Ambassador