OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/13/13 -- During CRCA's 54th Annual Convention held June 1-3 in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, CRCA announced that Jim Watson is the 2013 recipient of the Frank Ladner Award. Mr. Watson has been an active professional in the commercial roofing industry for over 40 years. He is a trade qualified Journeyman who, for sixteen years, was President of a Roofing Contractors Association of British Columbia (RCABC) commercial roofing contracting firm prior to accepting a position as Technical Manager of the RCABC Guarantee Corp. (RGC), in 1995. Jim retired from RCABC in 2011, and now offers consulting services for roofing and waterproofing projects under his recently incorporated firm, J. Watson Roofing Consulting Inc.
The CRCA Frank Ladner Award recognizes a person for their technical contribution to the roofing industry. Eligible nominees will have demonstrated the quality of providing technical knowledge to the roofing industry.
The award was established in honour of CRCA's 1st Technical Director, Frank Ladner to recognize his technical contribution to the Canadian roofing industry.
More information about the Frank Ladner Award is available at http://www.roofingcanada.com/awards.html
The Canadian Roofing Contractors Association (CRCA) is the national voice of the roofing industry in Canada. CRCA consists of companies actively engaged in the roofing and related sheet metal business in Canada including contracting, manufacturing and supplying of materials and services.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions