The Steve Jobs bio-picture "jOBS" is scheduled to open in U.S. theaters Aug. 16,
Open Road Films announced.
The movie stars Ashton Kutcher as the late Apple computer founder. Dermot Mulroney, Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons and Matthew Modine co-star.
The producers of "jOBS" described it in a Tuesday news release as a "film chronicling the story of Steve Jobs' ascension from college dropout to one of the most revered creative entrepreneurs of the 20th century."
"'jOBS' details the major moments and defining characters that influenced Steve Jobs on a daily basis from 1971 through 2001," the release said. "The film plunges into the depths of his character, creating an intense dialogue-driven story that is as much a sweeping epic as it is an immensely personal portrait of Steve Jobs' life."
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery