The Steve Jobs bio-picture "jOBS" is scheduled to open in U.S. theaters Aug. 16,
Open Road Films announced.
The movie stars Ashton Kutcher as the late Apple computer founder. Dermot Mulroney, Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons and Matthew Modine co-star.
The producers of "jOBS" described it in a Tuesday news release as a "film chronicling the story of Steve Jobs' ascension from college dropout to one of the most revered creative entrepreneurs of the 20th century."
"'jOBS' details the major moments and defining characters that influenced Steve Jobs on a daily basis from 1971 through 2001," the release said. "The film plunges into the depths of his character, creating an intense dialogue-driven story that is as much a sweeping epic as it is an immensely personal portrait of Steve Jobs' life."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001