BOUCHERVILLE, QUEBEC -- (Marketwired) -- 06/12/13 -- RONA Inc. (TSX: RON)(TSX: RON.PR.A), the largest Canadian distributor and retailer of hardware, renovation and gardening products, is issuing a voluntary recall on VECTOR PRO hatchets of 700 gram (1 1/2 pound) model 576 and CUP 7-7354400576-2.
This product could have been sold and merchandised in Reno-Depot stores in Quebec and RONA stores throughout Canada, including RONA stores that used to be TOTEM banners in Alberta.
Hammering or chopping with the hatchet can create a force upon impact which may cause the head of the hatchet to come loose and come out of the handle, which can pose a laceration hazard to the users.
Customers who have these products in their possession should immediately stop using them and return them to a Reno-Depot or RONA stores, or call the customer service centre at 1-866-283-2239 toll free for further information.
RONA apologizes for any inconvenience this situation may have caused to its customers. For more information on this recall, please refer to Health Canada website.
RONA is the largest Canadian distributor and retailer of hardware, home renovation and gardening products. The Corporation operates a network of over 800 corporate, franchise and affiliate retail stores of various sizes and formats under different banners, and a network of 14 hardware and construction materials distribution centres. RONA is also a leader in the specialized plumbing and HVAC market, primarily serving commercial and professional customers with a network of close to 60 sales outlets and four distribution centres across the country. With close to 28,000 employees, the RONA store network generates consolidated revenues of $4.8 billion. For more information, visit rona.ca.
Senior Advisor, Communications and Public Affairs
514-599-5900, ext. 5271
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11