June 12--Film Independent has announced the jurors for the 2013 Los Angeles Film Festival.
The jury for the DIRECTTV Narrative Competition consists of Film Independent Spirit Award-winning producer Gina Kwon ("Chuck & Buck"), Spirit Award-nominated director Sean Baker ("Starlet") and actor/producer Harry Lennix ("Man of Steel').
The DIRECTTV Documentary Competition jurors are 2010 LA Film Fest Grand Jury award-winning director Clay Tweel ("Make Believe"), award-winning producer Lesley Chilcott ("An Inconvenient Truth") and New York Times contributing culture writer Carina Chocano.
L.A. Film Critics Assn. vice president Tim Grierson, director and author Sandi Tan ("The Black Isle") and Spirit-nominated writer/director David Fenster ("Trona") are the shorts jury.
"I couldn't be happier with our juries this year," festival artistic director David Ansen said in a statement. "We have assembled a sterling team that represents all aspects of the film business: producers, directors, actors, critics and, like the movies in the festival, reflect the diversity of Los Angeles."
The competition and audience award winners will be announced at the Awards Brunch on June 23.
The Times is the festival's presenting media partner.
(c)2013 Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party