June 11--A UNCG student will appear on tonight's "America's Got Talent" show, which airs at 9 p.m. on NBC.
The talent-search reality summer series launched its eighth season last week. This is the second episode.
Junior media-studies major Brandon Roberts -- aka Bootz Durango -- will perform with Bootz and Company.
Roberts shared the news via email and on Facebook.
The Bootz Show channel on Youtube describes Bootz as "a flamboyant and expressive up-and-coming performing artist, recording artist, model, video producer, actor and on-air personality."
"With the talent search open to acts of all ages, 'America's Got Talent' has brought the variety format back to the forefront of American culture by showcasing performers from across the country," says the show's web site. The series features "a colorful array of hopeful stars, including singers, dancers, comedians, contortionists, impressionists, jugglers, magicians and ventriloquists, all vying for their chance to strut and perform on stage hoping to win America's hearts and the $1 million prize."
This year, two new judges -- entertainer and former Spice Girl Mel B. and supermodel, designer, producer and TV host Heidi Klum -- have joined comedian, TV host and producer Howie Mandel and radio personality and author Howard Stern. Actor, producer and comedian Nick Cannon is host.
(c)2013 the News & Record (Greensboro, N.C.)
Visit the News & Record (Greensboro, N.C.) at www.news-record.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World