Two of mariachi's best performers, Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez and Mariachi Tapatio de Alvaro Paulino, will meet up Saturday for New York City's second annual Mariachi Conservatory Conference.
The musicians will perform alongside NYC's mariachi master apprentice program New York City Mariachi Conservatory in a night of celebratory festivities recognizing mariachi music.
The headlining acts will perform at the famed Brooklyn Music School and Playhouse with Brooklyn-based Mariachi Tapatio being accompanied by Sebastien De La Cruz of America's Got Talent and singer Conchita Solis. The conference will be held from 7-10:30 p.m. and feature several other groups from mariachi music throughout the evening.
Guests, with the purchase of a $10 raffle ticket, will also have the opportunity to win a personalized "serenata" performed by Mariachi Tapatio de Alvaro Paulino. Light refreshments, included in the $45 entrance fee, will be provided during the event as well.
Preview to the night of performance will begin with student workshops held on Thursday and Friday nights and will be led by Mariachi Sol de Mexico's very own Maestro Jose L. Hernandez. Enrollment for both days of the workshop is $100.
More information is available at https://www.newyorkcitymariachiconservatory.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV