Two of mariachi's best performers, Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez and Mariachi Tapatio de Alvaro Paulino, will meet up Saturday for New York City's second annual Mariachi Conservatory Conference.
The musicians will perform alongside NYC's mariachi master apprentice program New York City Mariachi Conservatory in a night of celebratory festivities recognizing mariachi music.
The headlining acts will perform at the famed Brooklyn Music School and Playhouse with Brooklyn-based Mariachi Tapatio being accompanied by Sebastien De La Cruz of America's Got Talent and singer Conchita Solis. The conference will be held from 7-10:30 p.m. and feature several other groups from mariachi music throughout the evening.
Guests, with the purchase of a $10 raffle ticket, will also have the opportunity to win a personalized "serenata" performed by Mariachi Tapatio de Alvaro Paulino. Light refreshments, included in the $45 entrance fee, will be provided during the event as well.
Preview to the night of performance will begin with student workshops held on Thursday and Friday nights and will be led by Mariachi Sol de Mexico's very own Maestro Jose L. Hernandez. Enrollment for both days of the workshop is $100.
More information is available at https://www.newyorkcitymariachiconservatory.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes