The market for smartphones and tablets is expected to continue its strong growth over the next few years, but most of the sales are expected to shift to emerging markets, including Brazil, Russia, India and China, the so-called "BRIC countries."
That was the forecast issued Monday by International Data Corp., which is tracking the mega market for "smart connected devices," which include personal computers, smartphones and tablets.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida