The market for smartphones and tablets is expected to continue its strong growth over the next few years, but most of the sales are expected to shift to emerging markets, including Brazil, Russia, India and China, the so-called "BRIC countries."
That was the forecast issued Monday by International Data Corp., which is tracking the mega market for "smart connected devices," which include personal computers, smartphones and tablets.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype