The market for smartphones and tablets is expected to continue its strong growth over the next few years, but most of the sales are expected to shift to emerging markets, including Brazil, Russia, India and China, the so-called "BRIC countries."
That was the forecast issued Monday by International Data Corp., which is tracking the mega market for "smart connected devices," which include personal computers, smartphones and tablets.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security