The market for smartphones and tablets is expected to continue its strong growth over the next few years, but most of the sales are expected to shift to emerging markets, including Brazil, Russia, India and China, the so-called "BRIC countries."
That was the forecast issued Monday by International Data Corp., which is tracking the mega market for "smart connected devices," which include personal computers, smartphones and tablets.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps