finances Debt and Embarks on a Refurbishment Investment Plan -->
MADRID, SPAIN -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/13 -- Occidental Hotels & Resorts has concluded its long-term debt refinancing process through an agreement with 10 Spanish and international entities, which have endorsed the company's 2012-2016 business plan following months of negotiations. The refinancing process has been conducted by financial advisors of the firm IREA, this new strategic financial plan will allow the Company to refinance its debt, and initiate a significant renovation and improvement plan of its hotels and resorts.
Shareholders of Occidental Hotels & Resorts within the Caribbean have terminated unprofitable operations in Spain, which has permitted the company to reposition at profitable levels to increase its competitive advantage. Between 2010 and 2012, the Company completed an important consolidation effort, which increased its EBITDA from $29 million USD in 2010 (where the activities in Spain contributed to significant operating loss) to $54 million USD in 2012. This process of improvement, as well as strategic realignment, has allowed Occidental Hotels & Resorts to embark on a new phase of development through business activities, new investments and asset upgrades within the all-inclusive segment.
With the successful completion of its refinancing plan, Occidental Hotels & Resorts will focus on the development of its hotel business activities over the coming years. Today, the company manages 17 hotels in 7 countries throughout the Caribbean and Central America (Aruba, Costa Rica, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti and Mexico), 12 of which are owned by the chain and 5 are under management agreements. Occidental Hotels & Resorts is also one of the leading companies in the time-share industry, its Occidental Vacation Club unit has a portfolio of 23,000 members, mostly in Canada and the United States.
Occidental Hotels & Resorts operates under four distinct brands: Royal Hideaway, Occidental Grand, Allegro and Occidental City Hotels, each perfectly suited to address the leisure and travel needs of its market segment.
For more information please contact
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise