Hundreds of bicyclists rode down streets in Mexico City in the nude to promote
exercise and the reduction of dependence on fossil fuels, organizers said.
The demonstrators began their ride Saturday at Paseo de la Reforma, rode through the city's historic center and ended in the Plaza Rio de Janeiro, CNNMexico reported.
In addition to environmental and health concerns, the international World Naked Bike Ride calls for respect for cyclists and pedestrians on the street.
"Go naked symbolizes the way you feel about a cyclist traffic in the city," a statement from the movement said.
Mexico City, Guadalajara and Leon top the list of cities with the highest development of urban cycling in Mexico, CNNMexico reported.
Another naked bike ride is scheduled for June 15 in Puebla.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval