Hundreds of bicyclists rode down streets in Mexico City in the nude to promote
exercise and the reduction of dependence on fossil fuels, organizers said.
The demonstrators began their ride Saturday at Paseo de la Reforma, rode through the city's historic center and ended in the Plaza Rio de Janeiro, CNNMexico reported.
In addition to environmental and health concerns, the international World Naked Bike Ride calls for respect for cyclists and pedestrians on the street.
"Go naked symbolizes the way you feel about a cyclist traffic in the city," a statement from the movement said.
Mexico City, Guadalajara and Leon top the list of cities with the highest development of urban cycling in Mexico, CNNMexico reported.
Another naked bike ride is scheduled for June 15 in Puebla.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks