Hundreds of bicyclists rode down streets in Mexico City in the nude to promote
exercise and the reduction of dependence on fossil fuels, organizers said.
The demonstrators began their ride Saturday at Paseo de la Reforma, rode through the city's historic center and ended in the Plaza Rio de Janeiro, CNNMexico reported.
In addition to environmental and health concerns, the international World Naked Bike Ride calls for respect for cyclists and pedestrians on the street.
"Go naked symbolizes the way you feel about a cyclist traffic in the city," a statement from the movement said.
Mexico City, Guadalajara and Leon top the list of cities with the highest development of urban cycling in Mexico, CNNMexico reported.
Another naked bike ride is scheduled for June 15 in Puebla.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses