After getting stunned in the opener of the NBA finals, the defending champion Miami Heat didn't panic - they got even.
Mario Chalmers scored 19 points, LeBron James added 17 and the Heat went on a game-breaking 33-5 second-half run Sunday for a 103-84 blowout of the visiting San Antonio Spurs to square the Championship series at 1-1.
Ray Allen had 13 points off the bench and Chris Bosh contributed 12 with 10 rebounds for the Heat, who have not lost consecutive contests since early January.
Danny Green hit all five threes en route to 17 points, while Frenchman Tony Parker added 13 for the Spurs, who took Thursday's game 1 92-88 but had their seven-game playoff streak snapped at seven in the rout.
San Antonio hosts the next three games beginning Tuesday night in the 2-3-2 series format.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid