DAVID DIMBLEBY ? The jowly presenter of Question Time hit out at television sexism and ageism, lamenting the lack of female equivalents to, well, himself. "I don't think age should be a factor for women appearing on TV. I agree that it is demeaning to women and ... it's a crazy loss of talent."
Which is remarkable for someone who was publicly described as a "charming dinosaur" by Anna Ford when she was complaining about the lack of older female presenters a few years back. Obviously a man not afraid to put his (greying) head above the parapet.
FERMANAGH ? Still two weeks to go to the G8 summit and it seems that the craic is mighty in Ulster's lakelands, with tales of farmers being scared witless by frogmen emerging from the lough waters and CIA operatives quizzically asking local shopowners what a soda farl is. Just think how confusing it will get when they spot that other local treat, the Paris buns.
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY ? Apparently the poor lass has to survive on on Pounds 30,000 a year -- the sum she pays herself from her earnings. While not bad, it doesn''t seem an awful lot for prancing around in Chanel ads, appearing in films and being famous.
Of course, it turns out that Ms Knightley is the latest star to have incorporated themselves to be "tax efficient". In reality she is worth Pounds 30m. Forget about lefties ranting about faceless corporations; this is a corporation with a rather pretty one.
MYLEENE'S BREAST MILK ? Down, quite literally, it seems. The former Hear'Say star admitted this week she had offered her own milk to family and friends, insisting that it tastes just like probiotic yoghurt drinks. Thanks Myleene, but we're sticking with a wee bottle of Yakult in the morning all the same.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Gay Athletes Part of U.S. Sochi Group