Roberto's Mexican Food, at 2206 Carmel Valley Road in Del Mar, had a real
surprise on March 30, at 8:30 a.m. when a car drove right into their kitchen.
Forced to close, the owners, Rolando and Cecilia Robledo, were just thankful no employees or customers were seriously hurt.
According to a release, Roberto's Mexican Food in Del Mar is the busiest of Cecilia and Rolando's locations so reopening ASAP has been a top priority. Roberto's is a regular routine for many Del Mar locals stopping by daily for updates and telling anyone who will listen about their love for the Carne Asada Burrito.
Roberto's Del Mar re-opens for business May 9. "We are really excited about the re-opening and we are going to celebrate. Closing has been hard on everyone, especially the employees. They are eager to get back to work," said Cecilia. "In addition to necessary repairs from the accident, we took care of some other repairs to improve the building overall. We also took this time for employee training in several areas, guest service always being most important."
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy