Roberto's Mexican Food, at 2206 Carmel Valley Road in Del Mar, had a real
surprise on March 30, at 8:30 a.m. when a car drove right into their kitchen.
Forced to close, the owners, Rolando and Cecilia Robledo, were just thankful no employees or customers were seriously hurt.
According to a release, Roberto's Mexican Food in Del Mar is the busiest of Cecilia and Rolando's locations so reopening ASAP has been a top priority. Roberto's is a regular routine for many Del Mar locals stopping by daily for updates and telling anyone who will listen about their love for the Carne Asada Burrito.
Roberto's Del Mar re-opens for business May 9. "We are really excited about the re-opening and we are going to celebrate. Closing has been hard on everyone, especially the employees. They are eager to get back to work," said Cecilia. "In addition to necessary repairs from the accident, we took care of some other repairs to improve the building overall. We also took this time for employee training in several areas, guest service always being most important."
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low