RBS Citizens Financial Group announced Thursday that
its Chairman and CEO, Ellen Alemany, will retire from RBS in September.
Current RBS Group Finance Director Bruce Van Saun will succeed her as chairman and CEO of the bank holding company that serves consumers as Citizens Bank and Charter One and corporate customers as RBS Citizens, RBS Citizens Financial announced. Under a succession plan established last summer, Van Saun will also succeed Alemany as head of RBS Americas.
"We thank Ellen for her hard work and dedication on behalf of Citizens Bank, Charter One and RBS Citizens colleagues and customers," said Stephen Hester, group chief executive of RBS Citizens Financial Group's parent, the Royal Bank of Scotland.
(c)2013 The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.)
Visit The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.) at www.projo.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years