RBS Citizens Financial Group announced Thursday that
its Chairman and CEO, Ellen Alemany, will retire from RBS in September.
Current RBS Group Finance Director Bruce Van Saun will succeed her as chairman and CEO of the bank holding company that serves consumers as Citizens Bank and Charter One and corporate customers as RBS Citizens, RBS Citizens Financial announced. Under a succession plan established last summer, Van Saun will also succeed Alemany as head of RBS Americas.
"We thank Ellen for her hard work and dedication on behalf of Citizens Bank, Charter One and RBS Citizens colleagues and customers," said Stephen Hester, group chief executive of RBS Citizens Financial Group's parent, the Royal Bank of Scotland.
(c)2013 The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.)
Visit The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.) at www.projo.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.