Media conglomerate News Corp reported a tripling
of its third quarter net profit, as it earned income of 2.82 billion
dollars on revenues of 9.54 billion dollars.
The increased profit was largely due to a windfall from the sale of its stake in New Zealand's Sky Network Television and increased ownership of Sky Deutschland. Without those two items, the company's profits would have been essentially flat.
The company's cable network programming, television, and filmed entertainment divisions all boosted profits. But its satellite television and publishing business both saw profits slide.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study