Media conglomerate News Corp reported a tripling
of its third quarter net profit, as it earned income of 2.82 billion
dollars on revenues of 9.54 billion dollars.
The increased profit was largely due to a windfall from the sale of its stake in New Zealand's Sky Network Television and increased ownership of Sky Deutschland. Without those two items, the company's profits would have been essentially flat.
The company's cable network programming, television, and filmed entertainment divisions all boosted profits. But its satellite television and publishing business both saw profits slide.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook