Media conglomerate News Corp reported a tripling
of its third quarter net profit, as it earned income of 2.82 billion
dollars on revenues of 9.54 billion dollars.
The increased profit was largely due to a windfall from the sale of its stake in New Zealand's Sky Network Television and increased ownership of Sky Deutschland. Without those two items, the company's profits would have been essentially flat.
The company's cable network programming, television, and filmed entertainment divisions all boosted profits. But its satellite television and publishing business both saw profits slide.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal