Media conglomerate News Corp reported a tripling
of its third quarter net profit, as it earned income of 2.82 billion
dollars on revenues of 9.54 billion dollars.
The increased profit was largely due to a windfall from the sale of its stake in New Zealand's Sky Network Television and increased ownership of Sky Deutschland. Without those two items, the company's profits would have been essentially flat.
The company's cable network programming, television, and filmed entertainment divisions all boosted profits. But its satellite television and publishing business both saw profits slide.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property