James McCartney -- Sir Paul's son and a musician in his own right -- is celebrating his first full-length album with a worldwide acoustic tour, which makes a stop May 12 at Club Cafe in the South Side.
McCartney's new album, "Me," comes out May 21 on ECR Music Group. McCartney says he wants to show fans who he is, both musically and personally, in an intimate and honest way. McCartney recorded the album, produced by David Kahne, at several studios, including Abbey Road.
"It's been a long time coming, writing the songs, etc.," the younger McCartney says in an email. "I try for my lyrics to be personal, emotional and truthful."
"Me" follows two digital-only EPs: "Available Light" and "Close at Hand." McCartney's first physical release, "The Complete EP Collection," is a two-disc package that includes the debut EPs and five bonus tracks.
With such a world-famous father, it can be hard for a son to establish his own musical identity. The 35-year-old is the only son of the former Beatle and Linda McCartney.
"Coming from the kind of family that I've come from and I am a part of, it's kind of public, so there's a fair amount of attention towards me," McCartney says. "I have to be careful. But, privacy is a good thing if you want it."
McCartney's concert includes a performance by fellow singer Rachel Ann Weiss. The show starts at 8 p.m. General admission for the 21-and-older show is $15. Details: 800-745-3000 or www.ticketmaster.com
Kellie B. Gormly is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7824.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits