A CAMBORNE music institution will open its doors to the public today for a melodious open evening. dBs Music, based at Cornwall College Camborne, will be showcasing its qualifications to the public, as well as hosting workshops and seminars given by industry professionals. Among the representatives will be local professional Malcolm Joseph, bassist for Grace Jones, and Cornish DJ Raptus.
The organisation hopes to inspire a new generation of music students to join the group of more than 150 people across the courses.
Miriam Venner, centre manager at dBs Music, said: There's no denying that the music business is a tough sector to get into but at dBs Music we can provide the knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in this extremely rewarding industry.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?