A CAMBORNE music institution will open its doors to the public today for a melodious open evening. dBs Music, based at Cornwall College Camborne, will be showcasing its qualifications to the public, as well as hosting workshops and seminars given by industry professionals. Among the representatives will be local professional Malcolm Joseph, bassist for Grace Jones, and Cornish DJ Raptus.
The organisation hopes to inspire a new generation of music students to join the group of more than 150 people across the courses.
Miriam Venner, centre manager at dBs Music, said: There's no denying that the music business is a tough sector to get into but at dBs Music we can provide the knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in this extremely rewarding industry.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire