A CAMBORNE music institution will open its doors to the public today for a melodious open evening. dBs Music, based at Cornwall College Camborne, will be showcasing its qualifications to the public, as well as hosting workshops and seminars given by industry professionals. Among the representatives will be local professional Malcolm Joseph, bassist for Grace Jones, and Cornish DJ Raptus.
The organisation hopes to inspire a new generation of music students to join the group of more than 150 people across the courses.
Miriam Venner, centre manager at dBs Music, said: There's no denying that the music business is a tough sector to get into but at dBs Music we can provide the knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in this extremely rewarding industry.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better