A CAMBORNE music institution will open its doors to the public today for a melodious open evening. dBs Music, based at Cornwall College Camborne, will be showcasing its qualifications to the public, as well as hosting workshops and seminars given by industry professionals. Among the representatives will be local professional Malcolm Joseph, bassist for Grace Jones, and Cornish DJ Raptus.
The organisation hopes to inspire a new generation of music students to join the group of more than 150 people across the courses.
Miriam Venner, centre manager at dBs Music, said: There's no denying that the music business is a tough sector to get into but at dBs Music we can provide the knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in this extremely rewarding industry.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs