Boeing rolled out the first 787 Dreamliner at its new production rate of
seven airplanes per month.
The airplane is the 114th 787 to be built.
The company increased production from three and a half per month to five a month in late 2012.
Boeing said Thursday it's on track to build 10 per month by the end of 2013.
To date, Boeing has delivered 50 787s to eight airlines. The program has more than 800 unfilled orders with 58 customers.
Spirit AeroSystems in Wichita is increasing production of the 787s forward fuselage to keep pace with the increases in the production rate.
(c)2013 The Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kan.)
Visit The Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kan.) at www.kansas.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June