Boeing rolled out the first 787 Dreamliner at its new production rate of
seven airplanes per month.
The airplane is the 114th 787 to be built.
The company increased production from three and a half per month to five a month in late 2012.
Boeing said Thursday it's on track to build 10 per month by the end of 2013.
To date, Boeing has delivered 50 787s to eight airlines. The program has more than 800 unfilled orders with 58 customers.
Spirit AeroSystems in Wichita is increasing production of the 787s forward fuselage to keep pace with the increases in the production rate.
(c)2013 The Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kan.)
Visit The Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kan.) at www.kansas.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?