Boeing rolled out the first 787 Dreamliner at its new production rate of
seven airplanes per month.
The airplane is the 114th 787 to be built.
The company increased production from three and a half per month to five a month in late 2012.
Boeing said Thursday it's on track to build 10 per month by the end of 2013.
To date, Boeing has delivered 50 787s to eight airlines. The program has more than 800 unfilled orders with 58 customers.
Spirit AeroSystems in Wichita is increasing production of the 787s forward fuselage to keep pace with the increases in the production rate.
(c)2013 The Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kan.)
Visit The Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kan.) at www.kansas.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List