By AMANDA POOLE
STAGE stars of the future aiming to soar high in the performing arts are being urged to grab their legwarmers and get down to George Best Belfast City Airport for auditions. Leading musical theatre charity Music Theatre 4 Youth (MT4Uth) will be using the unusual setting to find 60 high-flying cast members for a new production of Fame.
To take part in X Factor-style auditions on June 8 and 9 you must be aged between 10 and 23 and register your interest with firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10.
Included on the judging panel will be Phil Willmott, a multiaward winning director who directed the 10th anniversary cast of Fame: The Musical in the West End in 2005, and MT4Uth chief executive Jenny Cooke.
Jenny said: "One of our aims is to make the stage more accessible for young people. I think holding our auditions in a non- traditional setting will encourage young people to get involved."
The cast will be put through master classes, choreography and a 10-day performance boot camp, before the production is staged at the T13 on August 23 and 24.
Originally published by BY AMANDA POOLE.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'