By AMANDA POOLE
STAGE stars of the future aiming to soar high in the performing arts are being urged to grab their legwarmers and get down to George Best Belfast City Airport for auditions. Leading musical theatre charity Music Theatre 4 Youth (MT4Uth) will be using the unusual setting to find 60 high-flying cast members for a new production of Fame.
To take part in X Factor-style auditions on June 8 and 9 you must be aged between 10 and 23 and register your interest with email@example.com by May 10.
Included on the judging panel will be Phil Willmott, a multiaward winning director who directed the 10th anniversary cast of Fame: The Musical in the West End in 2005, and MT4Uth chief executive Jenny Cooke.
Jenny said: "One of our aims is to make the stage more accessible for young people. I think holding our auditions in a non- traditional setting will encourage young people to get involved."
The cast will be put through master classes, choreography and a 10-day performance boot camp, before the production is staged at the T13 on August 23 and 24.
Originally published by BY AMANDA POOLE.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- 'American Hustle' Review
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum