TORONTO, May 8, 2013 /CNW/ - Scarborough Film Festival to launch for the first time, running June 4th - 9th, holding screenings at the Fox Theater and UTSC. It's the most exciting film festival to come to GTA in recent history and first of its kind to be held outside of Toronto's downtown core.
The first announcement of films to premiere at the festival include, "A Lady in Paris" by Ilmar Raag, kicking off the festival as the opening night film, Canadian premieres of "Ali Blue Eyes", "Celluloid Man", and North America premiere of "Tasher Desh". It total, the festival will present 10 feature and 10 short films from across the globe.
Festival Jury will honor the in-Competition films with Festival Grand Prix, Best Director, and Best Cinematography awards. Festival audience will play a role in awarding Audience Choice Awards to their favorite feature and short film.
Scarborough Film Festival goal is to enhance the cultural dynamic of Scarborough and East York through the power of international films and multicultural cinema.
SOURCE: Scarborough Film Festival
(c) 2013 Canada Newswire. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'