TORONTO, May 8, 2013 /CNW/ - Scarborough Film Festival to launch for the first time, running June 4th - 9th, holding screenings at the Fox Theater and UTSC. It's the most exciting film festival to come to GTA in recent history and first of its kind to be held outside of Toronto's downtown core.
The first announcement of films to premiere at the festival include, "A Lady in Paris" by Ilmar Raag, kicking off the festival as the opening night film, Canadian premieres of "Ali Blue Eyes", "Celluloid Man", and North America premiere of "Tasher Desh". It total, the festival will present 10 feature and 10 short films from across the globe.
Festival Jury will honor the in-Competition films with Festival Grand Prix, Best Director, and Best Cinematography awards. Festival audience will play a role in awarding Audience Choice Awards to their favorite feature and short film.
Scarborough Film Festival goal is to enhance the cultural dynamic of Scarborough and East York through the power of international films and multicultural cinema.
SOURCE: Scarborough Film Festival
(c) 2013 Canada Newswire. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground