TORONTO, May 8, 2013 /CNW/ - Scarborough Film Festival to launch for the first time, running June 4th - 9th, holding screenings at the Fox Theater and UTSC. It's the most exciting film festival to come to GTA in recent history and first of its kind to be held outside of Toronto's downtown core.
The first announcement of films to premiere at the festival include, "A Lady in Paris" by Ilmar Raag, kicking off the festival as the opening night film, Canadian premieres of "Ali Blue Eyes", "Celluloid Man", and North America premiere of "Tasher Desh". It total, the festival will present 10 feature and 10 short films from across the globe.
Festival Jury will honor the in-Competition films with Festival Grand Prix, Best Director, and Best Cinematography awards. Festival audience will play a role in awarding Audience Choice Awards to their favorite feature and short film.
Scarborough Film Festival goal is to enhance the cultural dynamic of Scarborough and East York through the power of international films and multicultural cinema.
SOURCE: Scarborough Film Festival
(c) 2013 Canada Newswire. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy