TORONTO, May 8, 2013 /CNW/ - Scarborough Film Festival to launch for the first time, running June 4th - 9th, holding screenings at the Fox Theater and UTSC. It's the most exciting film festival to come to GTA in recent history and first of its kind to be held outside of Toronto's downtown core.
The first announcement of films to premiere at the festival include, "A Lady in Paris" by Ilmar Raag, kicking off the festival as the opening night film, Canadian premieres of "Ali Blue Eyes", "Celluloid Man", and North America premiere of "Tasher Desh". It total, the festival will present 10 feature and 10 short films from across the globe.
Festival Jury will honor the in-Competition films with Festival Grand Prix, Best Director, and Best Cinematography awards. Festival audience will play a role in awarding Audience Choice Awards to their favorite feature and short film.
Scarborough Film Festival goal is to enhance the cultural dynamic of Scarborough and East York through the power of international films and multicultural cinema.
SOURCE: Scarborough Film Festival
(c) 2013 Canada Newswire. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry