Home prices in the greater Miami area rose 8.6 percent in March 2013
from a year earlier, according to CoreLogic, an Irvine, Calif.-based data firm.
Excluding distressed sales, home prices jumped 15.6 percent year over year in the metro area including Miami, Miami Beach and Kendall.
Miami area home prices, including distressed sales, increased by 0.3 percent in March from February. Excluding distressed sales, comprising short sales and bank-owned properties, Miami area prices were up 2.8 percent month over month, CoreLogic said.
Nationwide home prices rose 10.5 percent in March from a year earlier, with western states like California, Arizona, Idaho and Oregon chalking up dramatic gains. The March results marked the biggest nationwide year-over-year increase since March 2006 and the thirteenth consecutive monthly increase. Home prices nationwide rose 1.9 percent in March from February, the firm said.
(c)2013 The Miami Herald
Visit The Miami Herald at www.miamiherald.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap