A member of the audience at Justin Bieber's
stage show in Dubai tackled the singer from behind while he was
performing at a grand piano. Bieber managed to free himself and ran
to the side of the stage while security guards grabbed the intruder,
who managed to knock the piano over and onto its side. The singer
later retweeted descriptions of the "mayhem".
He later tweeted: "Dubai. Nothing stops the show.
2 more to go." Footage on YouTube shows Bieber carried on performing while security guards removed the fan and picked up the piano.
He is in the middle of a world tour called Believe which began last September and includes about 100 dates. Reports said that the globally successful 19-year-old took a three-minute break after the on-stage fracas before returning to sing Boyfriend and then Baby.
His guitarist and musical director Dan Kanter later tweeted: "It wasn't a prank. Someone ran on stage during Believe and the piano got knocked off its platform. Everyone is fine. No need to worry!"
Bieber has not been short of headlines recently. Last month he provoked fierce criticism with his message in a guestbook at the Anne Frank Museum, saying he hoped the Holocaust victim would have been a fan.
The Canadian pop idol wrote: "Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors