May 08--NORMAN -- The annual Summer Breeze concert series will open May 19 with a performance by John Fullbright and his band.
The free concert will be at 7:30 p.m. at Lions Park at Symmes Street and Flood Avenue.
The concert series, sponsored by the Performing Arts Studio, will feature seven additional Sunday concerts through Sept. 8. All concerts are free and begin at 7:30 p.m. in Lions Park.
Fullbright performs a fusion of Americana, pop, blues and folk. He is from Okemah, and sense of place has strongly influenced his lyric writing. He credits his Oklahoma home and memories as inspiration for his words.
Besides writing his own music, he is a vocalist and plays the guitar, harmonica, piano and accordion.
For the Summer Breeze concert, he will be joined by Giovanni "Nooch" Carnuccio III on drums, Terry Buffalo Ware on guitar and David Leach on bass.
June 2: The Gourds.
June 16: Parker Milsap and band.
July 7: Mike Hosty Duo.
July 21: Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band.
Aug. 4: Honeylark.
Aug. 25: Elephant Revival.
Sept. 8: Byron Berline Band.
(c)2013 The Oklahoman
Visit The Oklahoman at www.newsok.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief