May 08--NORMAN -- The annual Summer Breeze concert series will open May 19 with a performance by John Fullbright and his band.
The free concert will be at 7:30 p.m. at Lions Park at Symmes Street and Flood Avenue.
The concert series, sponsored by the Performing Arts Studio, will feature seven additional Sunday concerts through Sept. 8. All concerts are free and begin at 7:30 p.m. in Lions Park.
Fullbright performs a fusion of Americana, pop, blues and folk. He is from Okemah, and sense of place has strongly influenced his lyric writing. He credits his Oklahoma home and memories as inspiration for his words.
Besides writing his own music, he is a vocalist and plays the guitar, harmonica, piano and accordion.
For the Summer Breeze concert, he will be joined by Giovanni "Nooch" Carnuccio III on drums, Terry Buffalo Ware on guitar and David Leach on bass.
June 2: The Gourds.
June 16: Parker Milsap and band.
July 7: Mike Hosty Duo.
July 21: Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band.
Aug. 4: Honeylark.
Aug. 25: Elephant Revival.
Sept. 8: Byron Berline Band.
(c)2013 The Oklahoman
Visit The Oklahoman at www.newsok.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 to Settle SEC Charges
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel