Blockbuster film "Iron Man 3" is giving Regal Entertainment Group a major boost following the movie theater operator's rather drab first quarter.
The super hero flick starring Robert Downey Jr. produced opening weekend ticket sales of $174.1 million in the U.S. and Canada, second largest of all time.
In the first 12 days of release, the movie has delivered a monster box office of $678.9 million worldwide, according to Hollywood.com.
Those numbers should bode well for Knoxville-based Regal's second quarter earnings report, especially given the slate of summer movies soon to be released.
Continue reading at the Rant$ and Rave$ blog.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder