Blockbuster film "Iron Man 3" is giving Regal Entertainment Group a major boost following the movie theater operator's rather drab first quarter.
The super hero flick starring Robert Downey Jr. produced opening weekend ticket sales of $174.1 million in the U.S. and Canada, second largest of all time.
In the first 12 days of release, the movie has delivered a monster box office of $678.9 million worldwide, according to Hollywood.com.
Those numbers should bode well for Knoxville-based Regal's second quarter earnings report, especially given the slate of summer movies soon to be released.
Continue reading at the Rant$ and Rave$ blog.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut