Blockbuster film "Iron Man 3" is giving Regal Entertainment Group a major boost following the movie theater operator's rather drab first quarter.
The super hero flick starring Robert Downey Jr. produced opening weekend ticket sales of $174.1 million in the U.S. and Canada, second largest of all time.
In the first 12 days of release, the movie has delivered a monster box office of $678.9 million worldwide, according to Hollywood.com.
Those numbers should bode well for Knoxville-based Regal's second quarter earnings report, especially given the slate of summer movies soon to be released.
Continue reading at the Rant$ and Rave$ blog.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day