Blockbuster film "Iron Man 3" is giving Regal Entertainment Group a major boost following the movie theater operator's rather drab first quarter.
The super hero flick starring Robert Downey Jr. produced opening weekend ticket sales of $174.1 million in the U.S. and Canada, second largest of all time.
In the first 12 days of release, the movie has delivered a monster box office of $678.9 million worldwide, according to Hollywood.com.
Those numbers should bode well for Knoxville-based Regal's second quarter earnings report, especially given the slate of summer movies soon to be released.
Continue reading at the Rant$ and Rave$ blog.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'