Blockbuster film "Iron Man 3" is giving Regal Entertainment Group a major boost following the movie theater operator's rather drab first quarter.
The super hero flick starring Robert Downey Jr. produced opening weekend ticket sales of $174.1 million in the U.S. and Canada, second largest of all time.
In the first 12 days of release, the movie has delivered a monster box office of $678.9 million worldwide, according to Hollywood.com.
Those numbers should bode well for Knoxville-based Regal's second quarter earnings report, especially given the slate of summer movies soon to be released.
Continue reading at the Rant$ and Rave$ blog.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Obama Building Ebola Coalition for Africa Fight
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic