Jennifer Lopez's Florida beach day was interrupted by the nearby sound
of gunshots Sunday, according to reports.
The sound of three gunshots erupted while the the singer and former "American Idol" judge was in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., shooting a music video for her upcoming single "Live It Up" with rapper Pitbull, set for release Wednesday. Lopez had been photographed earlier in the day dressed in a black bikini and green printed caftan on the upbeat set with boyfriend Casper Smart.
"BREAKING: Gunshots fired on Fort Lauderdale Beach DURING my JLo interview. No kidding. Security scrambled her away," tweeted "Entertainment Tonight's" Rob Marciano, who was on the set interviewing the singer at the time.
"Can hear & see ambulances converging ~400 yards down the street," he wrote, later adding, "Police confirming: 'shots fired. no one hit.' Whew."
Police said the singer and Pitbull were shooting the video at the south side of Ft. Lauderdale Beach Park and the shooting occured at the northernmost point of the park, TMZ reported. Lopez was escorted off the set after the gunshots were heard.
However, police found no evidence of a shooting in the park's parking lot, the Miami Herald reported.
Neither Lopez nor Pitbull mentioned the incident on their Twitter feeds Monday; however, the rapper did send thanks to her for collaborating on the project.
"thank u @JLo for another amazing opportunity & giving me a chance 2 learn from u muchas muchas gracias besoteeeee."
Guess they're living it up just fine.
Most Popular Stories
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals