McAfee, a provider of security solutions and services for systems, networks and mobile devices, announced today the signing of a definitive agreement to initiate a conditional tender offer for the acquisition of Stonesoft Oyj (OMX Helsinki:SFT1V), a provider of next-generation network firewall products, for an aggregate equity value of approximately USD389m in cash.
Stonesoft's product portfolio of next-generation firewalls, evasion prevention systems and SSL VPN solutions addresses businesses of all sizes. With this acquisition of Stonesoft, McAfee expects to extend its leadership position in network security.
McAfee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (Nasdaq:INTC).
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go