McAfee, a provider of security solutions and services for systems, networks and mobile devices, announced today the signing of a definitive agreement to initiate a conditional tender offer for the acquisition of Stonesoft Oyj (OMX Helsinki:SFT1V), a provider of next-generation network firewall products, for an aggregate equity value of approximately USD389m in cash.
Stonesoft's product portfolio of next-generation firewalls, evasion prevention systems and SSL VPN solutions addresses businesses of all sizes. With this acquisition of Stonesoft, McAfee expects to extend its leadership position in network security.
McAfee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (Nasdaq:INTC).
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag