McAfee, a provider of security solutions and services for systems, networks and mobile devices, announced today the signing of a definitive agreement to initiate a conditional tender offer for the acquisition of Stonesoft Oyj (OMX Helsinki:SFT1V), a provider of next-generation network firewall products, for an aggregate equity value of approximately USD389m in cash.
Stonesoft's product portfolio of next-generation firewalls, evasion prevention systems and SSL VPN solutions addresses businesses of all sizes. With this acquisition of Stonesoft, McAfee expects to extend its leadership position in network security.
McAfee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (Nasdaq:INTC).
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction