David Letterman kicked off popcorn movie season with a Top 10 list of "Things You Don't Want Hear in a Movie Preview" on "Late Show" in New York.
Voice actor Hugh Morgan read the roster on Thursday's edition of the program.
It went as follows --
10. "In a world where waffles do not exist ..."
9. "From the director who once met the nephew of the director who brought you 'The Godfather.'"
8. "Meryl Streep is New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie."
7. "Come see the film Entertainment Weekly calls '97 minutes in length.'"
6. "Starring Tom Hanks, but not that Tom Hanks."
5. "The incredible, true story of a teenager's monkey, seized by German authorities."
4. "Strap yourself in for two hours you'll never get back."
3. "Coming soon, another asinine movie about vampires."
2. "Special sneak preview at midnight in my van."
1. "Anthony Weiner in 3-D."
The action flick "Iron Man 3" earned more than $175 million when it opened this past weekend.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June