Real Madrid fans appeared to give their backing to Iker Casillas over Jose Mourinho on Saturday when they cheered their benched goalkeeper and captain and whistled the Portuguese coach before the 4-3 win at home to Real Valladolid in La Liga.
Casillas has barely featured since recovering from a broken hand, with Mourinho preferring to stick with Diego Lopez, who was brought in as cover from Sevilla in January.
Mourinho has hinted he may leave at the end of the season and he appeared to confirm reports his relationship with Casillas had broken down with a series of barbed comments in a news conference on Friday.
Meanwhile Lionel Messi came off the bench to help Barcelona come back from being a goal down twice and beat Real Betis 4-2 at the Nou Camp.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO