North Texas commercial construction contracts plummeted in March,
falling 44 percent from a year ago, according to the latest McGraw-Hill
Contracts for future construction totaled $251 million, down from $446.9 million in March 2012, the report said.
But residential contracts totaled $652.1 million, up 11 percent from a year ago. The housing market locally and nationwide has been rebounding for several months.
Statewide, commercial construction contracts in March totaled $1.1 billion, down 2 percent from March 2012. Residential contracts totaled $2.2 billion, up 18 percent.
Architecture center event
Landscape designer Ange Harvey will join Joe and Tracy Self on Wednesday at the Center for Architecture to talk about how yard art is a reflection of personal passions and a shared culture.
The talk, "Pink Flamingos & Painted Trees," will run from 7 to 8 p.m. at the center, 3425 W. Seventh St.
Harvey explores the thoughts and dreams behind art landscapes.
The program is free and open to the public.
(c)2013 Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Visit the Fort Worth Star-Telegram at www.star-telegram.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying