VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/06/13 -- The Canadian Financing Bulletin has been a leader in tracking financing activities of Canadian capital markets in the mining, energy and technology%2f">technology sectors for over seven years. Our unparalleled service offers unique insight into small and micro cap stocks, as well as comprehensive comparative reports detailing the worldwide reach of Canadian companies in these sectors. With the listings of active proposed placements, investors and companies that might not otherwise receive analyst coverage are potentially brought together. As well, we offer coverage of activity in the bond market for users to be made aware of lower-risk opportunities.
In this week's report, the CFB published term sheets for 25 new proposed placements from the mining, oil/gas (termed metals and energy in the report) and technology">technology sectors. Of those, 22 were for mining stocks, one for oil/gas stocks, and two for technology, with the total value of new proposals reaching over $3,295m. One of these placements were designated a 'flow through' issuance and there was one new debenture offering. The largest new public proposal was by Allied Nevada Gold Corp (finance.yahoo.com%2fq%3fs%3danv.to%26amp%3bql%3d1">ANV.TO) which launched a share offering consisting of 14m shares at a price of $10.75 for gross proceeds $152.7m in a placement led by Dundee Securities.
The CFB published term sheets for 41 placements that were closed during the week. Of these, 27 were for mining stocks, five for oil/gas, and nine for technology%2f">technology stocks, with the total value of these closings being almost $3,145m. Three of these placements were designated 'flow through' issuances and two debenture placements closed. The largest public closing was by Storm Resources Ltd (finance.yahoo.com%2fq%3fs%3dsrx.v%26amp%3bql%3d1">SRX.V), which closed a share offering consisting of 12.58m shares at a price of $1.88 for gross proceeds of $23.7m in a placement led by FirstEnergy Capital.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States