BMC Software said Monday it will be acquired by a private investor group
led by Bain Capital and Golden Gate Capital together with GIC Special
Investments Pte Ltd and Insight Venture Partners in a transaction valued at $6.9
billion, or $46.25 per share in cash.
"BMC believes the opportunity to become a private company will provide additional flexibility and position us to invest more strategically to drive powerful innovation and deliver cutting edge customer solutions," said BMC Chief Executive Officer Bob Beauchamp in a statement. "We look forward to working closely with all parties to complete this transaction and enter into our next chapter of growth and industry leadership."
There is no financing condition associated with the proposed acquisition, officials said, adding Credit Suisse, RBC Capital Markets and Barclays have agreed to provide debt financing in connection with the transaction.
The deal, which is expected to close later this year, is subject to approval from BMC shareholders, regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
Under terms of the agreement, for a period of 30 calendar days, BMC may solicit alternative proposals from third parties. The Houston-based company, which specializes in business service management software, will announce fourth quarter results for fiscal year 2013 on or before May 7, but due to the pending transaction, BMC will not host an investor call, officials said.
(c)2013 the Boston Herald
Visit the Boston Herald at www.bostonherald.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- 'American Hustle' Review
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum