E! Online's Twitter account was suspended after it was apparently hacked and
posted errant messages, the entertainment news organization said.
"E online's breaking news Twitter and SMS accounts were compromised today," E! said in a statement. "We're working to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are fully investigating the incident. We apologize for any confusion that the erroneous news alerts may have caused."
The @eonline Twitter account, which had 5.2 million followers showed messages reporting that pop star Justin Bieber is gay, The Hollywood Reporter said.
E! was the latest in a slew of news outlets being hacked on Twitter. Accounts for CBS' "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours" have been hacked in the last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia