E! Online's Twitter account was suspended after it was apparently hacked and
posted errant messages, the entertainment news organization said.
"E online's breaking news Twitter and SMS accounts were compromised today," E! said in a statement. "We're working to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are fully investigating the incident. We apologize for any confusion that the erroneous news alerts may have caused."
The @eonline Twitter account, which had 5.2 million followers showed messages reporting that pop star Justin Bieber is gay, The Hollywood Reporter said.
E! was the latest in a slew of news outlets being hacked on Twitter. Accounts for CBS' "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours" have been hacked in the last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo