E! Online's Twitter account was suspended after it was apparently hacked and
posted errant messages, the entertainment news organization said.
"E online's breaking news Twitter and SMS accounts were compromised today," E! said in a statement. "We're working to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are fully investigating the incident. We apologize for any confusion that the erroneous news alerts may have caused."
The @eonline Twitter account, which had 5.2 million followers showed messages reporting that pop star Justin Bieber is gay, The Hollywood Reporter said.
E! was the latest in a slew of news outlets being hacked on Twitter. Accounts for CBS' "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours" have been hacked in the last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- PepsiCo Q1 Profits Rise on Snack Sales, Cost Cuts
- Snowden Questions Putin on TV Call-in Show
- Poor Barbie Sales Drag on Mattel