U.S actor Robert Downey Jr. said he earned approximately $50 million after box-office bonuses for his role as Iron Man in last year's "The Avengers."
Downey confirmed his salary in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in which he said he also received back-end compensation for his role in the film.
"Isn't that crazy?" he said. "They're so pissed. I can't believe it. I'm what's known as a 'strategic cost.'"
"The Avengers" is the third-highest grossing film of all time worldwide, the entertainment industry publication said. The film earned an estimated $1.5 billion at the global box office.
Downey's latest film, "Iron Man 3," is expected to gross a $150 million this weekend in its U.S. debut.
The film has already grossed $345.4 million internationally through Thursday, The Hollywood Reporter said.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Deported Honduran Families Face a Bleak Future
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post