Washington (dpa) - The United States believes that Israel has
conducted an airstrike inside Syria in recent days, broadcaster CNN
reported late Friday, citing two unnamed US officials.
US and other Western intelligence agencies have concluded that Israeli aircraft appear to have struck targets inside Syria, CNN said. Israeli military aircraft, as in previous strikes against Syria, reportedly fired missiles from outside Syrian airspace against targets on Syrian soil.
In response to an inquiry from CNN, Israel issued a statement saying only that it would do "whatever is necessary" to stop transfers of Syrian arms to terrorist groups.
The US sources believe the targets in Syria were not related to chemical weapons, the broadcaster said.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List