Washington (dpa) - The United States believes that Israel has
conducted an airstrike inside Syria in recent days, broadcaster CNN
reported late Friday, citing two unnamed US officials.
US and other Western intelligence agencies have concluded that Israeli aircraft appear to have struck targets inside Syria, CNN said. Israeli military aircraft, as in previous strikes against Syria, reportedly fired missiles from outside Syrian airspace against targets on Syrian soil.
In response to an inquiry from CNN, Israel issued a statement saying only that it would do "whatever is necessary" to stop transfers of Syrian arms to terrorist groups.
The US sources believe the targets in Syria were not related to chemical weapons, the broadcaster said.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free