Washington (dpa) - The United States believes that Israel has
conducted an airstrike inside Syria in recent days, broadcaster CNN
reported late Friday, citing two unnamed US officials.
US and other Western intelligence agencies have concluded that Israeli aircraft appear to have struck targets inside Syria, CNN said. Israeli military aircraft, as in previous strikes against Syria, reportedly fired missiles from outside Syrian airspace against targets on Syrian soil.
In response to an inquiry from CNN, Israel issued a statement saying only that it would do "whatever is necessary" to stop transfers of Syrian arms to terrorist groups.
The US sources believe the targets in Syria were not related to chemical weapons, the broadcaster said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet