How sweet it is: Chocoholics rejoice: Festival season kicks off with the annual Long Grove Chocolate Festival in downtown Long Grove, Robert Park Coffin and Old McHenry roads. There's live music, kids' activities and, of course, tons of chocolate. Admission is $5 per person; kids under 12 are free. (847) 634-0888 or . 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and Sunday.
'Tomorrow is another day': See the beloved 1939 film "Gone with the Wind," starring Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh, on the big screen at the Genesee Theatre, 203 N. Genesee St., Waukegan. Admission is $6 adults; $3 for seniors, kids younger than 12 and military with ID. (800) 982-2787 or visit . 6 p.m. today.
Musical tribute: Singer and actor Frankie Avalon pays tribute to his late beach movie co-star Annette Funicello in a special concert at the Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. $49-$89. (630) 962-7000 or . 8 p.m. today.
Flower power: Step inside Cantigny Park's 18,000-square-foot greenhouse -- where more than 1,000 varieties of flowers are grown each year -- at the horticulture department open house. It's at 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Self-guided tours, environmental exhibits and "green" activities for kids are included. Free admission and parking. Visitors should enter on Winfield Road; free trams will be running. . 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson